Have you ever looked in the mirror, noticed a skin irregularity, and wished you could just zap it away? With the help of the team at ReNue, you can.
Laser treatments are consistently among some of our most popular services and there’s a reason for that. For the most part, they have minimal downtime. But more importantly, after a few short zaps, your skin concerns are gone. The results are absolutely amazing.
Keep reading for more information on our most popular laser treatments to see which one is right for you.
These are the top five most popular laser treatments we perform at our clinics:1. Laser Hair Removal
For patients who don’t want to use traditional hair removal methods such as waxing, threading, shaving, or using chemical depilatories like Nair, laser hair removal is a great choice.How long does it take to see results?
Everyone is different, but you should start to see results in as little as one treatment.Does it hurt?
The way it feels is device-dependent. It’s going to vary. So, if you were to have an IPL or BBL treatment, it would feel like an elastic band snapping against your skin. If you go with a Diode or ND YAG laser, it’s quite warm. However, we have a Zimmer cooling system that blows cold air during the treatment to make it more comfortable. Light devices like IPL/BBL have a chill tip.Before and aftercare?
- Shave the treatment area at least 24 hours before your appointment.
- Stay out of the sun and avoid artificial tanning products two to four weeks before. That goes for indoor tanning (tanning beds), outdoor tanning in the sun, bronzers, self-tanners, or spray tans.
- Before you leave for your appointment, make sure your skin is clean, free of any lotion, makeup, or deodorant.
- In between sessions, don’t do any type of hair removal other than shaving when you need to. Don’t tweeze, wax, thread, Nair, or bleach your hair.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and steam rooms post-treatment. Even hot baths or showers are not recommended the same day as treatment.
- Lastly, don’t do anything that can cause chafing in the area, like vigorous exercise, for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
Laser hair removal is best suited for most ages for different reasons. Your teens to your 30s are a great time to start removing unwanted hair on the legs, underarms, bikini line, and upper lip before the hair turns gray.
Men in their 40s see an increase in hair growth, so this is the perfect time to introduce them to laser hair removal and the world of aesthetics. Women in their 40s will start to see hair growth on their chins and cheeks and might want to get that lasered.
In your 50s and beyond, hair pigment can still be dark. So for this age group, we can laser unwanted hair on the body, chin and cheeks.
Read this blog post to learn more about laser hair removal.
The Radiance IPL photofacial is a great laser treatment to rejuvenate pigmented, red, or sun-damaged skin. It’s an affordable, non-invasive, preventative and corrective treatment with no downtime.How long does it take to see results?
Most people will see some results after only one treatment, but we recommend completing a full treatment series for the best results.Does it hurt?
There is minor discomfort with the treatment. For most people, it feels like small snaps to the skin accompanied by a very bright flash. The flash can be a little startling at first, but you quickly get used to it. After the treatment, your skin can feel a touch warm, a little pink, and tingly. This sensation only lasts a few hours for most people. It's more annoying than painful.Before and aftercare?
- Do not use any active ingredients (retinol/AHA/BHA acids etc) for five days prior to treatment.
- We cannot treat you if you have had any recent sun exposure or applied self-tanner or a spray tan.
- Apply ice packs or cold compresses to help with redness or swelling and have aloe on hand.
- Do not use any active ingredients on the skin for five days post-treatment
- Do not exfoliate.
- Be very diligent with SPF 30+ following the treatment and limit sun exposure for the first few weeks after.
- No saunas, hot tubs, hot yoga, or any added heat to the area for the first 24-48 hours post-treatment.
People in their 20s: Great to address acne, tone/texture, pigmentation, and vascularities/rosacea. Non-invasive and no downtime. Preventative and corrective treatment. Can be used to treat unwanted freckles temporarily.
People in their 30s: Enhances and brightens complexion by treating pigmentation, vascularities/rosacea, acne, and tone/texture. Delivers overall improvements in the skin with minimal to no downtime. Improves and prevents early signs of aging and helps stimulate new collagen formation. Areas where it can be used: face, neck, chest, arms, and hands.
People in their 40s/50+: At this age, we start seeing sun damage, lines and wrinkles at greater depths from previous years of sun exposure. A treatment series is highly recommended.
3. MicroLaser Peel
MicroLaser Peels are a great intro to facial resurfacing without the lengthy downtime and discomfort. One MicroLaser peel is equivalent to about three or four chemical peels. It's also a bit more in-depth because the goal is to use heat to tighten the skin’s elastin and produce new collagen formation. It's best suited for people in their 30s.How long does it take to see results?
The month after the treatment, you’ll notice more vibrant, smoother and healthier skin. Depending on the desired results, you can need anywhere from two to three treatments spaced four to six weeks apart. You’ll see the best results around three months after your final treatment.Does it hurt?
We use a medical-grade numbing cream that is applied 45 minutes prior to the treatment. With the numbing cream, the treatment is very tolerable. After the treatment, your skin will feel hot like a sunburn which is the most uncomfortable part. The heat will only last for a few hours after treatment.Before and aftercare?
- Stop using skincare with active ingredients one week prior.
- Do not do any facial treatments or injections for at least two weeks prior to the MicroLaser Peel.
- Apply a thin layer of Alastin Nectar to create a semi-occlusive barrier for the skin. Make sure you have a thin layer of Nectar on the skin at all times for the first three days.
- No rubbing or picking!
- We recommend using a Vinegar/ Water solution mix as a soak or rinse for the skin two to four times a day. This will help with any itching or discomfort, as well as it is antibacterial.
- Depending on your skin's healing ability, most people can go back to their normal routine one week following the treatment.
4. Non-ablative resurfacing
Non-ablative resurfacing can treat a variety of concerns including sun damage, laxity, acne scars and wrinkles. It can be used in combination with other treatments such as Botox and filler. This treatment is only available at all ReNue locations.How long does it take to see results?
It takes four weeks to see surface changes, but the official result shows three months post-treatment as the skin needs time to rebuild collagen.Does it hurt?
It does come with a level of discomfort, but we manage this very well. We numb the face topically to help make the treatment more comfortable.Before and aftercare?
- Arrive in comfortable, loose clothing.
- Make sure you are well-hydrated and have eaten a light snack prior.
- Shower the day of your treatment as you won’t be able to do so for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- Bring two extra strength Tylenol to take just before numbing cream gets applied.
- Do not tan for two to four weeks prior.
- Avoid anything that could thin the blood (Ibuprofen/blood thinners, alcohol, and some vitamins).
- Sleep elevated and on your back for the first few nights to prevent swelling.
- Use fresh, clean pillowcases and face cloths for the first three days.
- Perform three to four vinegar rinses daily for two to three days after your treatment.
- Resume your regular skincare regime at about day 14. If an unpleasant sensation occurs, stop and continue your post-treatment routine.
It appeals to people in their 30s and 40s for general resurfacing, acne scarring, texture and tone improvement, but also to people 50+ to remove sun damage, fine lines, wrinkles, and prevent future damage.
5. Mole Removal:
We can use a laser to remove moles anywhere on the body.How long does it take to see results?
Depending on where your mole is, you’ll start to see results in as little as one treatment. Touch-ups may be required in your four-week follow-up.Does it hurt?
No, we use local anesthetic so you won’t feel a thing.Before and aftercare?
- Do not tan the area.
- A small red/pink scar may be visible, so use Polysporin or scar gel until it’s fully healed.
What age is best suited for and why?
If the mole doesn’t present with a medical concern, it can be safely removed at any age.Why should laser treatments be done in the fall/winter?
Timing is everything if you’re considering any of the above treatments. We recommend scheduling your laser treatments for the fall for a few reasons. Cooler weather sets the environment for laser treatments to do their best work because they will make your skin sensitive to heat and sun. There isn’t much of either in the fall and if there is, your treatment area will likely be protected from the sun by being wrapped in layers of clothing.
Your skin will also need time to recover if you want to be ready for fun in the sun by spring/summer. Many of the above treatments require several sessions, so we recommend starting in the fall so your skin is all smooth and healed by summer.
Keep in mind that there is no bad time to get a laser treatment, but fall just might be the best time.Book your free consultation
Before booking any of these treatments, we recommend coming in for a consultation. One of our knowledgeable consultants will take the time to listen to your concerns and recommend the best laser treatment for you.