Thank you for all the response to my first blog and appointments booked.
Now comes the stuff I am particularly excited about: here is the future of necks. These procedures will help the neck with some sagging and skin laxity, but also, a more preventative mind-set will be the key to the aging neck. Here are some thoughts:
- Plasma therapy with Dermapen micro-needling: We are very excited about the results with this technique on the face and are now starting to use it on the neck. There is no reason that we shouldn’t be able to achieve safe and reliable skin thickening and tightening as we see for the face. This is also a key preventative treatment to reduce the chances of developing laxity. By causing micro-injury to the skin with the micro-needles and then applying plasma therapy which absorbs deep into the dermis, we can stimulate collagen which means thickening and renewed elasticity.
- Skin Boosters: This is a technique of injecting small amounts of vitamins and/or growth factors into the neck in ultra-small amounts to stimulate collagen development and brighten the skin. Teosyal is currently the leader in this market and we are keeping an eye on the results.
- Redensity I: This is a type of filler made by Teosyal, that is very thin and not cross-linked for volume. When injected in small amounts it helps to create smoothness in the neck and gives a more tightened appearance. There is no obvious reason that it should tighten but there is no doubt the neck looks better and tighter after 3 treatment sessions. Maintenance is required as the affect does not last forever. We have been doing this for several years and it is now starting to catch on.
- Belkyra: Belkyra dissolves fat and is approved in the neck for treating the dreaded double chin. I have written a previous blog post about Belkyra, but it definitely has a role in the treatment of the double chin. Unfortunately, it does not work for the neck that just has loose skin, so we only present this option to the right candidates. Yes, it really works, and it is permanent. Some people have a combination of the turkey waddle (loose skin) and fat causing double chin and we have seen really good responses in these customers, but you have to have some fat creating the problem in order for it to work.
- Thread lifts: This is a maybe. I will do a whole blog post on thread lifts and their tumultuous history and pros and cons, but they might play a role in the future by being able to pull the neck tighter in a semi-surgical way. They will not create thicker skin, so I see it being an adjunctive therapy with lasers or the above mentioned leading edge treatments. We do not offer these treatments, for good reason, but they are getting better, and a better version is on the horizon. And of note, they are not approved for use by Health Canada yet.
I really look forward to your feedback and questions on this subject. It is near and dear to my heart as I look at my father (sorry, dad). Trust me, I am as anxious as you are to get this sorted out.
Contact ReNue today to schedule an appointment to address the aging skin on your neck.